SAMPLE PAGE HEADLINE
General admission is $5 per person
6 months old and under - Free
Monday-Saturday: 10-4 pm
Sunday: 12-4 pm (Nov. - Mar.)
Best experience for children 10 and under.
Perfect for parties or groups.
Children in the group: $4.00 per child
Teachers and bus drivers: free
Additional adults/chaperones: $4.00 each
Additional family members accompanying the class, who are not members of the class, pay the full admission price of $5.00 per person.
Please discuss any specific needs with the staff while making your reservations.
Includes party zone for two hours, 10 children (the guest of honor is included in the 10 children), all adults, tee shirt for the guest of honor, and 10 postcard invitations. Additional children $5 each.
Includes party zone for two hours, admission for 10 children (the guest of honor is included in the 10 children), all adults, tee shirt for the guest of honor, 10 postcard invitations, decorations and paper goods for 24 guests in your choice of solid colors and an age-appropriate craft. Additional children $8 each.
Group Visit Information
Two hour Group Visits are scheduled to occur on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during regular operating hours.
The ratio of children to adults should be 3:1 so that enough hands are present in order to make sure both our group guests and our public visitors have equally pleasurable visits.
There is no minimum number of children required for a group visit but groups of more than 50 children must have special permission granted by the director.
After Hours Party times are available at $500 and up. Please see any staff member for more information.
ADDITIONAL PARTY INFORMATION
- All parties must be booked at least two weeks in advance.
- An additional $20 fee is charged for more than one guest of honor.
- Food accommodations are limited. Please discuss your menu with the staff member when you make your reservations. All food brought into the museum must stay in the party zone.
- The party fee must be paid when the date is reserved and is non-refundable.
- Additional fees for extra children are paid on the day of the party.
- All party visitors are expected to comply with museum rules.
- Party zone is reserved for a 2 hour time block. Party host may arrive 30 minutes prior to start time to set-up. Party zone must be emptied of any belongings at the end of the time block to allow staff to clean up and prepare for other parties.
- Any adult guest who stays after the party time is required to pay the daily admission fee.
- The party zone seats 25 people comfortably with 2 extra long cafeteria tables. An 8 foot banquet table is supplied for set-up of cake, food, favors, etc. If wanting to cover tables, 1 cafeteria table needs 2 standard tablecloths for a total of 5 table clothes. Roll out table clothes which can be cut to fit the tables may also be used.
- No confetti permitted.
- AHA is not responsible for personal items brought into the museum.
The adults in a child's life are his/her first and most important teachers and playmates. Parents and caregivers have the uniquely important role of introducing children to all of the magical discoveries our world has to offer. Please use your visit as an opportunity to engage and interact with the children, talk to them about what they are experiencing and teach them how to act as responsible young citizens.
AHA! is designed for children age 0-7 although older children often come to visit. Adults bringing older children into the museum are asked to please monitor their behavior. Older children need your attention just like the little ones, guaranteeing guests of all ages have an equally wonderful adventure at AHA!
- Parents and caregivers are responsible for the behavior of children at all times (and all ages). This is for their safety and the protection of museum exhibits. The Plop Zone is for children 36 months and younger only.
- Climbing on exteriors of exhibits is prohibited. Climbing is allowed on the INSIDE of the Honeycomb only.
- Light snacks and beverages must be consumed at the lunch tables or in the Art Zone.
- Toys should remain in designated rooms. No costumes or shopping carts should cross the line into the yellow room. Art supplies must remain in the Art Zone.
- Cleaning up each play area as your child finishes allows the next child to enjoy a fresh exhibit.
- For health and safety reasons, all visitors must wear shoes at all times (unless trying on costumes).
- All children must be accompanied by a person age 15 or older.
- AHA! is not responsible for personal items brought into the museum.
- Children must touch, smell, sit, reach, build, handle, splash, mold and SMILE!
- All visitors must have fun!
For the safety of our guests, all single adults who visit the Museum without children will be asked to show identification.
The Museum does not offer public access to Wi-Fi. Our policy requires adults supervise their children's behavior at all times and encourages them to engage in imagination and play as well.
The Museum parking lot is located on the side of the building. During group visits, buses may park in the loading zone out front. There is a lot available across the street on weekends and holidays. All parking is free and offered on a first come, first served basis.
AHA! t-shirts and alphabet prints by local artist, Joseph A. Greene, are available for purchase.
There is no stroller parking in the Museum. When possible, please leave your stroller at home or use an small, umbrella stroller. The museum is not responsible for any property left unattended - please leave any valuables at home.
ACCESSIBILITY AND SPECIAL NEEDS
For information on accessibility at the Museum, please call 740.653.1010.
Baby changing tables are available in all restrooms. "The Nest" is a semi private area designated for nursing mothers.
CLOSETS AND LOCKERS
Coat closets and lockers are free and offered on a first come, first served basis. The museum is not responsible for any property left unattended - please leave any valuables at home.
Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted.
Designated eating areas include indoor cafeteria tables and outdoor picnic tables. If the cafeteria tables are occupied by a party, guests may eat in the Art Zone. Food and drinks should only be consumed in these designated areas and should never be left unattended due to allergies.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
The Museum sells water only. You are welcome to use designated eating areas or leave the facility for lunch. We do offer same day reentry.
Smoking and any other tobacco use is prohibited on Museum property (indoor and outdoor).
The museum will not open or will close early if the city or county declares a level II or higher snow emergency. The museum will not open at 9:30 AM on days when the Lancaster City School District cancels classes for the day due to the weather. Exception: the director (or manager) may open the museum in the afternoon if the weather problems are abated enough for community members to travel safely. School visits are automatically cancelled on days when the school’s local system cancels classes due to inclement weather.